We learn at a young age that stickers and badges are a good thing. As any kindergartner will tell you, a sticker at the top of a page of their work, is something to be excited about. Our school also uses badges for special milestones. Just yesterday, two five year olds came to my office proudly wearing the 50 Plus Club badges they’d earned by being able to count to at least fifty, by ones, fives and tens.
Adults are no different and I was just as thrilled when I received a wonderful email from Samantha at Grilled Cheese (& Other Things That Make My World Go Round) telling me she’d nominated me for the very prestigious Liebster award. OK! Prestigious may be the wrong word, haha, but it does mean that someone other than my children and my mother are enjoying my blog and that means the world to me! And… it comes with a badge, which just like the two little girls who counted for me yesterday, I will wear it proudly, unlike that 50 plus club badge that I’ll also be wearing beginning on March 26th. 🙂
Thank you Samantha for reading and following my blog and taking the time to nominate me for this award. Your encouragement is appreciated in ways you’ll never know.
Now to the business (which I’m quoting from Samantha): The Liebster is awarded to new bloggers as an encouragement and to get them started in the world of blogging. A requirement is that they have fewer than 200 followers. Because I’m a few under that – 162 to be exact, I qualify. Woo Hoo! In turn, I then nominate blogs that I have enjoyed reading, and so the pattern continues. Here are there are rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination. (I chose 5 since several of the qualifying blogs I follow are already participating)
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
One more thing – if you link back to this post, your response will appear as a “pingback” in the discussion section at the end of this post, which allows me to share your words with your fellow nominees.
Samantha’s 10 questions that I’ve been asked to answer:
1. What do you think you’ll be doing a year from now (therefore sometime in the middle of January in 2015)? I have high hopes for 2014 and 2015! Heck, it’s only the second week of January 2014 and it’s already rocked more than the past five years put together. My first grandchild is due in May of 2014 and I plan on being the hippest, coolest and most awesome grandmother around to my new baby girl Cedar Lynn. I will also be completing my Bachelor of Arts with a double emphasis of rhetoric and creative writing by December of 2014 and will begin a M.F.A. program in January 2015. I already feel the energy and feel confident that it’s going to be a rip-roaring year of joy and hope. Toss in a well-educated, tall, dark and handsome single man and my life will be complete. (I don’t suppose you know one, do you? 🙂 )
2. Coffee or tea? Or neither? Coffee! Coffee! Coffee! Did I mention coffee? I drink several 20oz black Americano’s a day. Ahh… Ohh… Heaven!
2. How long have you been blogging for? A better question for me might be how long have you “actively” been blogging? I created this blog on September 22, 2013 after misplacing another blog I’d begun several years earlier. After the exhausting task of uploading a quote, <insert sarcasm here, I took a three month blogging sabbatical. On December 28, 2013 I went live with DreamsinAlaska and have been committed since.
4. If you could live your life in a movie, or a TV show, or a book, what would that movie/TV show/book be? Hmm… I’ll need to get back to you on this one…
5. …and Why? Still thinking…..Tick – tock. Tick – tock.
6. Do you have any big life aspirations (something you hope to achieve at any point in your lifetime—like anytime before you die)? I want to learn to live, not just survive. I’ve already come a long way, but I want to relish in ever second of life knowing I’m ok and am doing the very best I can. I have a secret dream (which is now not so secret) of running the Disney Marathon. There is something about running a marathon (which I’ve never done) at the Magic Kingdom that feels…uhh…magical. Why not go to a place where dreams come true, to fulfill a dream!
7. What is your favorite holiday? (If you don’t celebrate any holidays, what is your favorite time of the year?) I love fall, all three days of it we have here in Alaska. There is something about the first bite in the air, the gusts of wind, and the blowing leaves that energizes me.
8. Do you have any regrets? (Share if you like, or simply answer yes/no—up to you.) Yes. Next…..
9. If you were only allowed to eat one food for the rest of your life, what food would you choose? Avocado! Mmm Mmm Good! I’m sure this isn’t what you were expecting, but I’m currently going through an avocado addiction..haha! I just can’t seem to get enough!
10. If the leprechaun stole the pig’s money, why does the octopus sing to the vase of roses? …because the leprechaun can’t, since the pig chased him down and took all of his lucky charms!
*****And now here we go! Here are the ten questions I’d like you to answer:
- What was your first thought when you read you were nominated for the Liebster Award?
- What has been the best part of your day so far?
- Do you believe in soulmates?
- If you could meet any celebrity or politician to ask them one question, who would it be and what is the question?
- What is the first thing someone notices about you when they meet you?
- What inspired you to begin a blog?
- Has your blog developed in the way you originally intended?
- What is the quirkiest thing about yourself?
- What is the last book you read and did you enjoy it?
- Make up one word and define it. Who knows; it may be in the Oxford Dictionary one day!
And finally, the 5 blogs that I would like to nominate for The Liebster Award! This was tough, but here goes!